Conversations on consent
If you are a maternity patient or member of staff you may be interested in the NHS Resolution: Conversations on consent National Conference.
The conference is an opportunity to explore what supported decision-making looks and feels like for patients, families and clinicians.
It will consider the legal consequences that influence this fundamental aspect of informed choice in clinical care and interventions.
The event will challenge current thinking and practices, encouraging attendees to take back learning and make improvements in their organisation.
The programme is currently in development and will include:
- Reflections on the Montgomery ruling by patients and clinicians, how it has developed and where it applies
- Consent in difficult situations
- Conversations and documentation – what good looks like
- Obstetric consent and informed choice in challenging situations
- Current legal aspects of consent
To book a place please visit the eventbrite page