Opportunity for organisation to deliver our Maternity Voices Partnership
Maternity Voices Partnership
BUMP and Birmingham South Central Clinical Commissioning Group wishes to invite expressions of interest from volutary sector organisations for the provision of Maternity Voices Partnership to work with maternity providers and the CCG’s in Birmingham and Solihull.
In Birmingham and Solihull we want to bring the ambitions of the national Maternity Review (Better Births) to life and ensure our maternity are safer, more personalized, kinder, professional and more family friendly. Having the views, experiences and voices of women represented at strategic level within the transformation process is essential. The main purpose of Maternity Voices Partnership is to ensure representation and engagement of women at strategic level to help shape the transformation of maternity services across Birmingham and Solihull. The Service Specification and outcomes have been developed in response to national guidance (NHSE – Maternity Toolkit) and the national maternity review, Better Births (National Maternity Review (2015) see Chapter 4 and Appendix B for MVPs).
Key deliverables will include:
- Recruit a pool of 15 – 20 MVP members who are representative of the diverse communities with Birmingham and Solihull
- Administrate the Quarterly Bump MVP meeting and support four interim MVP meetings per annum
- Support representation on the MPV from seldom heard groups present within the local population to make sure their voices are heard
- Support the MVP to provide leadership to ensure that the service user voice co-produces both Local Maternity (LMS) System Transformation Plans a
- Support the MVP to provide constructive challenge and engage in the decision-making process with emerging plans to ensure they reflect the needs of local women and their families.
We are looking to commission a voluntary sector organization with:
- Strong track record in patient/ user led engagement and advocacy
- Experience of developing and delivery successful patient/service user engagement
Contract term and value
Overall value of the contract: £35,000.
The Contract with the provider is will be initially for 15 months (1 January 2018 to 1 April 2019) and may have the option to extend following a full evaluation of the project at the end of first contract period.
The closing date for expressions of interest is Friday 1 December 17.
For further information and to request a Expressions of Interest pack, please contact:
Jane Huffer, Personal Administrative Assistant, Birmingham South Central CCG, Maternity, Children & Young People’s Commissioning Team,